A Dying Empire
Dwarves are a race of disciplined and feared mercinaries who hail from mountain lands.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Dwarves are sturdy and hale, but lack social graces.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, Dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing heavy or medium armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Mercenary Memory: Ancestral memory grants a Dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (History, Local, and Nobility & Royalty) checks to gain a tactical advantage over a foe, identify heraldry, or remember a historic battle.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat Dwarven Waraxes and Dwarven Urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: A Dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- Automatic Languages: Dwarven and Common.
- Bonus Languages: Gnomish, Halfling, Orcish, Terran and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass Dwarf's Fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.