A Dying Empire
Elves are a race of spellcasters, granted magical power through a forgotten act of evil.
- +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Elves are supernaturally lovely, but delicate.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: An Elf can see twice as far as a Human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- +2 racial bonus to Spellcraft checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. (This does not include the ability to Spot secret doors automatically.)
- Starting at first level, and at every three levels thereafter, Elves gain a new spell-like ability that they can use a number of times a day equal to 1 + their Charisma modifier, selected from this list: detect magic, light, ghost sound, mending, message, open/close, prestidigitation. Regardless of class, these spells are cast as by a first level caster.
- Automatic Languages: Elven and Common.
- Bonus languages: Celestial, Draconic, Halfling, Gnomish, Orc and Sylvian.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer. A multiclass Elf's Sorcerer class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.